In order for a remove to take place in the best possible conditions, it is imperative to organize it beforehand. For this it is highly advisable to start the necessary steps as soon as possible.
- During the strong season of removals, (June-September), it is preconizedto start preparations two months before the D-day.
- Firstly, you will fix with the sales representatives a date to carry out the technical visit and to establish a quote. Then, if validated, you will determine a moving date.
- Inform your owner about your departure and terminate your lease by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt if you are renting. The period is reduced to one month in case of dismissal, transfer, etc.Fix with the owner a state of departure.
- Prepare the layout of your future home (painter, electrician, heating engineer,etc...)
- Start sorting, giving and throwing. Store everything you don’t need to keep. Group all your valuables by completing the declaration of value and give it to the sales representative.
- Indicate with a marker on the boxes, their contents and their respective pieces. Prepare the plan which will show to the mover where each furniture has to be put in the D-Day.
- Inform the persons and entities concerned for your administrative procedures: bank, tax center, mutual insurance, electricity, etc ...
Eve of the Move
- Empty and defrost refrigerator and freezer.
- Group in a folder all the documents and keys you will need during the move. Keep also essentials stuff to with you.
- Tell your neighbors about the removal in case of blocked elevator or the gene caused by the noise.
- Confirm electric readings, keep a copy and cut power and water supplies if necessary.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- Give back the keys to the state agent.
If you have opted for an economical option, how to prepare your boxes?
If you chose the economic option, you have to prepare yourself your moving boxes.
- Where to start?
- Don’t get lose in your boxes
- Choose the right material and fill your cartons correctly
- Fragile items protection
Where to start?
We strongly recommend that you start preparing your moving boxes 45 days before the moving date.
Start by putting the things you use the least and start also for sorting!
Don’t get lose in your boxes
The most important thing is to not mix everything up, to work room by room with a marker to note the content and the place they will be in your new home to facilitate delivery and storage.
Note the contents on the side of the carton because the top is often not readable due to stacking cartons.
Don’t put hazardous, flammable, explosive or liquid products open in boxes.
Choose the right material and fill your cartons correctly
Try to get real carry boxes and suitable packaging to reduce the risk of breakage.T2M relocation offers a range of equipment, to facilitate the preparations for your removal:boxes, Adhesives, special protecting paper, etc...
Try not to exceed 15 kilograms per moving box to avoid heavy boxes that tear.
Use small boxes for heavy objects such as books and dishes because filled, the weight of the box is certainly consistent, but the grip is facilitated by its reduced form. And large boxes for lighter items like bedding, blankets, sheets ...
Consolidate your boxesbottom with two lengths of adhesives, then, reinforce with two strips across the width. Place a layer of protective paper on the bottom of the box, then, fill it by starting with the heavier items. It will give a stable base, then go to lighter objects.
Be sure to fill your boxes completely, even if you have to fill it with crumpled newspaper or stuffed animals, because during transport, the objects may collide with each other and be damaged.
Fragile items protection
The greatest apprehension during a removal often lies in the fear of breaking things we care about.
To avoid this, it is advisable for moving boxes that must contain fragile objects, to wrap each of them in bubble paper for better security.
Additional protection can be provided by reinforced boxes.